Thursday, April 8, 2010

Huge Thanks to my TEAM OF AWESOMENESS

First and foremost, I want you all to meet the genius behind our new, almost-ready automated submission system:

Michael Wulf

He's a long-time blog reader, aspiring author, and amazing geek. Er, programmer. And he's now officially my hero. Truth be told, he kept offering, over the course of several months, to automate the contests for me. I dragged my feet, I was reluctant to commit, I had other things going on that needed my attention. And, I mean, I didn't know this guy. What if he made my blog explode or something?

Anyway, he's awesome. Worked his butt off to get this accomplished. Easy to work with, answers questions without making me feel like a moron.

Yes, I do need to NOT feel like a moron.

In addition to acknowledging Michael for his hard work (and dedication! seriously!), I would like to publicly thank my wonderful team of fearless beta testers, who did everything they could to break things so we could end up with a nearly-flawless system.

So, THANK YOU to (in no particular order):


Elana Johnson
Sara J. Henry
Helene Boudreau
Lori Strongin
Tami Moore
Holly Bodger
Beth Revis
Jamie Harrington
Christine Nguyen
Jodi Meadows
Dave Hanks
Scott

I'm grateful for the time these folks have invested in this project. This new automated submission system is going to mean MORE contests and crits--simply because it does all the nitty-gritty work so I no longer have to!

Hooray!

Shout your thanks along with me. Because we're all going to benefit.

24 comments:

  1. *shouts many thanks from various rooftops*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Authoress,

    Here's the link:

    http://scott-awritersblog.blogspot.com/

    Sorry, only email I have is the one for submissions I used yesterday, and not sure that would work. : )

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! You rock. Maybe Authoress can take her red hat off now that she isn't tempted to pull her hair out over the bclog posts and contest submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU!! Your improvement of the submission process will enhance the lives of many. I bow to your awesomeness. *bow* *bow* *bow* I'm not worthy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is great news...for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, everyone! And glad your automated system is now up and running, Authoress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hear it for the smart guys!
    Thankyou Thnakyou Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWEET! **Lynn claps her hands together** Nice work team.

    Glad it all came together, Authoress.

    Good luck on your first run next week with Secret Agent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I love getting rid of nitty gritty work! Thanks to the beta testers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael, you're all our hero now. Yay to more crits and contests!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squee! Thanks Authoress and all all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Michael Wulf and The Team of Awesomeness! (Sort of sounds like a band of superheroes- which I suppose you kind of are.) We appreciate what you (and Authoress) selflessly do to help out all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all, especially you AuthoressAnon. Without all of you, well, it might not be as awesome as it could be! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like Win-win-win...

    Congrats.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super exciting news!! Thanks to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is going to be EPIC. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope I don't have a sub job on Monday because I want to enter the contest and try the new system.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Authoress and your team of Awesomeness, if you can do this, maybe you can patent the software and sell it to agents, so that THEY won't have to do the nitty-gritty work, either.

    I recommended your system of limited "queries" on Rachelle Gardner's blog today ... even as a pubbed author, I learn so much from your Secret Agent contests, and I'm continually impressed with the caliber of the entries. Your site is one I share whenever I do talks with writers.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's great to see so many happy users :-)

    Good luck to you all in the upcoming competitions, it has been fun reading your stories while working on the new system. You're a very talented bunch!

    flexbandit.com

    ReplyDelete