Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Round Two: Drop the Needle: REVELATION

Here's your chance to try again, if you were bumped from last week's round.

Choose a scene which is a moment of revelation for your MC or important supporting character. This could be anything--from realizing she's in love with Frodenius to figuring out a final clue to the discovery that lame Aunt Dillie has been faking it all these years.

Preface your 250-word excerpt with a BRIEF lead-in, so we understand where you're dropping us. (We don't need entire backstory. Just set the stage.)

GUIDELINES:
  • Submissions will open at 12:00 PM EST today.
  • 25 entries and 1 alternate will be accepted.
  • Please do not enter if you participated in last month's FIRST KISS round.
  • Please do not enter if you had an entry in last week's REVELATION round.
  • Send your entry to authoress.submissions(at)gmail.com.
  • No erotica. All expletives will be transformed into asterisks at my discretion
Format as follows:

SCREEN NAME: (type your screen name here)
TITLE: (type your title here)
GENRE: (type your genre here)

(Type a brief lead-in to your scene here.)

(Type your 250-word scene here.)

Yes, I've padded the word count to accommodate the lead-in. You have 100 extra words. Try not to use them all. :)

14 comments:

  1. I am so excited right now. Thanks for the second chance, Authoress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It says my email went through this time. (First time I've ever gotten it right :-P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine went through, says it was accepted... but says it's number 33? (I sent it at 2mins past! That's a lot of submissions. O_O ) I thought there were only 25 plus the spare?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the confusion. ;) This is a continuation of last week's round, so the entries are numbered 26-50.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I see! I sort of wondered if it might be... 33 in about 2 minutes did seem like a lot, but first time I've submitted so I wasn't sure. Thank you!
    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still openings, huh? Okay, I'll play. Last time though it wouldn't go through for me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, still a no go. Says I'm not including the screen name, title, genre, which I am. Tried twice. Ah well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. *WHEW* Thank you for asking about the submission #'s. I got all happy that I made it in @ #39, but then my face fell into my shoes when I read the 25 plus one. I thought that I hadn't made it. Thank you for making mine & hublet's day (he's been worried about me obsessing on this project! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huzzah! Thanks for the second chance, Authoress. It says my entry was accepted. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. meg, try again. Type the SCREEN NAME: etc. in the email BY HAND. Make sure the email is set to plain text.

    And make sure you have colons behind each heading:

    SCREEN NAME:
    TITLE:
    GENRE:

    Like that. That's the only way the bot can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't see a cut off time in the post here. Just sent an entry and got a response that the submissions closed at 3 P.M. CST. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ow. Once again I'm in the wrong time zone :(. I'm going to have to move to America or something..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wondering roughly when to expect the excerpts to go up? Alternately eager & nervous here, I keep refreshing the page at the moment.

    ReplyDelete