In short, choose a scene which is a moment of revelation for your MC or important supporting character. This could be anything--from realizing she's in love with Frodenius to figuring out a final clue to the discovery that lame Aunt Dillie has been faking it all these years.
Preface your 250-word excerpt with a BRIEF lead-in, so we understand where you're dropping us. (We don't need entire backstory. Just set the stage.)
- Submissions will open at 6:00 PM EST today.
- 25 entries and 1 alternate will be accepted.
- Please do not enter if you participated in last month's FIRST KISS round.
- Send your entry to authoress.submissions(at)gmail.com
- No erotica. All expletives will be transformed into asterisks at my discretion
Format as follows:
SCREEN NAME: (type your screen name here)
TITLE: (type your title here)
GENRE: (type your genre here)
(Type a brief lead-in to your scene here.)
(Type your 250-word scene here.)
Yes, I've padded the word count to accommodate the lead-in.
Post your questions below!