We're getting CLOSE, folks! So here are all the things:
- Submissions for our third and final Logline Critique Round will be on Monday, October 20. The submission window will be open from 9 to 5 EDT, and the entries will post on Tuesday morning. (This round is for anyone who has NOT been in either of the first 2 rounds.)
- Submissions for the ADULT CATEGORY of the Baker's Dozen Agent Auction will be on October 28 and 30. Full submission guidelines will post before then.
- Submissions for the YA/MG CATEGORY of the Baker's Dozen Agent Auction will be on November 4 and 6. Full submission guidelines will post before then.
- This year, the bidding is only going to be open for TWELVE HOURS instead of 24. So the auction will close at the end of the day (9 pm EDT) instead of the next morning.
- Our participating editors and authors are showcased HERE.
- Our participating agents are listed HERE.
- All other Baker's Dozen info is HERE.
If you still have questions, please ask them below!
- I am playing with ideas on how to better broadcast what's happening on auction day. The bids come in VERY fast during the first hour especially, and it's nearly impossible for blog readers to keep up. I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS. Twitter would be a useful tool, but again, there will be 60 entries and my inbox will be exploding with bids from the agents. If you have a brainstorm about how I can effectively communicate the bids so that everyone can watch the action, please let me know! (If you'd rather email me instead of posting in the comment box, that's fine, too.)
- On a personal note: I'm going to be hitting 20,000 words on my WIP today, which is about a quarter of the completed novel. Again, I can't iterate enough what a big role you've played in my success at getting over whatever it was I needed to get over this summer. I'm incredibly excited about this project (YA Fantasy! Yay! And my first-ever retelling.), and so many of you have have a voice in this part of my journey. It feels incredibly good to be drafting. (I can't believe I just said that. You all know I hate drafting. Yet I'M LOVING THIS.)
That's all for now! Have a glorious weekend.