Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Fricassee

Ode To My Readers

Oh writers all, who browse this blog
And read its rambling prose,
Who share with me the ups and downs
Of writers' joys and woes;

I raise my feathered hat to you
For all that you have shared --
Your thoughts, your hearts, your manuscripts
(For those of you who've dared).

You've bared your souls and shared your dreams
And asked your questions, too;
I count myself so fortunate
To walk this path with you.

For writing is a solitary,
Lonely sort of thing,
Despite the satisfaction
And the pleasure it may bring.

So reaching out across the miles
Of crowded cyberspace
To touch the lives of other scribes
With neither voice nor face

Is something that we dearly need,
To keep our muses fed,
To offer up encouragement
When hope is nearly dead,

To shout "Hooray!" at each success
And "Boo!" when things go wrong,
To lovingly point out that excess
Adverbs don't belong.

So join me while I celebrate
The gift of knowing you,
And thank you all for coming here
And doing what you do.

You're strong, you're brave, you're talented --
Keep going, never doubt!
For living life with passion
Is what life is all about.

20 comments:

  1. What a cheering poem. Thanks, just what I needed.--Hart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Do you write children picture books in verse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Stina, I do. Not successfully yet, though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!
    I love the community that writers have (and how you described it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem! It's all soooo true. You've captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Authoress! :D You have a real talent there. B-)

    ~Merc

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and wonderful stuff. You are super nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written.
    And I hope you know that you bring joy to our lives. Thanks for all the hard work you put in to making us better.
    I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed. Perfect rhyme, perfect meter. It doesn't get any better than that.

    Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at "Ode to my readers". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was really good, Authoress.

    Now, Can I be so bold as to ask if that's really you in the red hat? I'm just curious that's all. I just love that picture. It has so much mystery in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, that's really me. And really my red hat. Except I don't ever wear it in public. Not ever. :)

    "Mystery" is what I wanted the photo to evoke, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You spit in rhyme too! Wow, Authoress, I think I found a new favorite. I have a ten year old boy (made up in my head) who guest posts on my blog and does the post in flow. Great job, really.

    ReplyDelete