First, here's some BAKER'S DOZEN ticklers for you, to keep us all on track:
1. Submissions for our SECOND LOGLINE CRITIQUE ROUND are this Monday, October 6. The submission window will be open from 9 to 5 EDT. The 40 winning entries will post on Tuesday morning for critique.
2. Reminder: If your logline is accepted into the round, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CRITIQUE OTHER ENTRIES. A minimum of 5 would be nice. It's the give-and-take thing.
3. In case you missed it yesterday, here are our PARTICIPATING EDITORS AND AUTHORS for this year's auction.
4. We are up to 21 participating agents. Guys! That's a lot of agents. Bidding will be fast and furious. I will be unveiling these agents SOON!
5. Baker's Dozen schedule info can be found HERE.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment box below.
Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I am officially drafting a new novel. Yes, officially. It happened organically--I didn't strive to find a story, or force myself into literary submission. The seed was planted, I spent time playing with it, thinking about it, birthing characters, and, finally, plotting. Then, on Sunday, I wrote 600 words. Just like that.
When Monday came, I started my firm 1000-a-day schedule. My goal for completion is January 1. (Yes, this is how I work. Firm deadlines. Finishing a draft in 3 months makes it feel much more attainable. Plus, I work well with a clearly defined goal. I will have a completed draft by New Year's Day!)
Thank you for walking through my hiatus with me. Thank you for drying my tears, affirming me, and, occasionally, redirecting me. Honestly, I had no idea how long my writing break would last. I didn't promise myself anything--except that I would not return to writing until I was ready.
The readiness came so much sooner than I thought it would. And I am sure you all played a role in that!
Also? Wow! That thrill of I LOVE THESE NEW CHARACTERS, right? I feel alive again. I'm sure Mr. A could attest to my aliveness this week.
So there it is. I'm among the ranks of the
See you Monday, dear ones.